Thursday, December 29, 2011

Wedding Venue


When we first decided to get married, the first thing in my mind was to secure a venue. Since me and fiancée have agreed to combine our reception, venue is very much important as it will gather both families and friends.

After deciding on the wedding date, first place that I chose was at Dewan Community Taman Tun Dr. Ismail. The reason why I chose is actually because of the location that is very near from my house. I remembered when my sisters time, this community hall is fully book and need to do booking at least 1.5 years in advance. Gile kan!

But for my time, it was easy sebab DBKL had introduce the online booking system where u just need to go this web address http://appsys.dbkl.gov.my/sistem/esukan/. But to be fair to all, you only can book the date that you want 1 year in advance base on the date that you book. For example, if today is 1st of May 2011, the date that you can book is up to 1st May 2012 only.

So what I did was I had to wait until the very day to make the booking. Banyak dugaan! That time was a little bit crazy. When I click 2nd June 2012, it appear in my receipt 06/02/2012.  Teramatlah nasib baik when I call the management to check on my booking and they told me the date that appears in their system was 6th February 2012! Hoih.. cepat sangat tuh! Mana nak cekau duit! So I re-did the booking and Alhamdulillah, dapat secure the venue.

After making the booking, me and fiancé when to DKTTDI to pay deposit for the bookings that we made. The amount that we paid was RM300 on 24th June 2011. Cuma setback pasal this hall that it is empty. Court badminton sebenarnya. So later on during the reception, u need to rent the tables & chairs and letak carpet as it is one of their requirements.

Here are few pictures of reception wedding that was held at DKTTDI. My friend Sarah from Chenta Wedding did a superb great job decorating it. So to bride to be, choose your venue fast sebelum di kebas orang!

 






No comments:

Post a Comment